Forster Tuncurry has numerous accommodation options, including camping grounds, caravan parks, hotels, motels, holiday rentals and AirBnB rentals. Following are some pointers that will help you to explore when looking for accommodation.
Suitable and affordable accommodation for the first week of retreat, in particular, may be challenging to find in Forster and Tuncurry, so please book accommodation as soon as you can. To the north of Tuncurry is Diamond Beach, Red Head and Hallidays Point – all about 20 minutes drive from the retreat venue. To the south of Forster is Green Point and Pacific Palms (which includes locations such as Tiona Park and Booti Booti (Ruins) campsites, Elizabeth Beach, Boomerang Beach, Blueys Beach and Smiths Lake). All of these locations are 20-40 minutes from the retreat venue.
Please note that accommodation is not included in the Retreat Fee.
We suggest your first point of contact might be the Great Lakes Information Centre. Staff at the Information Centre have a broad knowledge of the area and can book accommodation for you directly. Contact them by phoneing (02) 6554 8799 or visit their website: http://www.greatlakes.org.au/stay/accommodation/results
Soon, Rigpa Centres around Australia will nominate a Retreat Coordinator who you can contact to discuss your needs, should this be necessary. It may be that a member of your local Sangha has booked accommodation for example, and is looking for people to fill beds. Call your local centre to make contact.
Holiday Rentals in Forster and Tuncurry
There is a broad range of holiday rentals available in Forster and Tuncurry. Many require a week by week rental arrangement at this time of the year. Some agents book Saturday to Saturday, while others will allow Monday to Monday bookings (or another day of the week). Here is a list of agencies you can contact:
- First National Real Estate Forster Tuncurry – (02) 6554 6688; www.holidayforstertuncurry.com.au
- Ray White Forster Tuncurry – (02) 6554 7666; www.raywhiteforstertuncurry.com.au/rent/holiday-accomodation-forster-tuncurry-ray-white
- First National Tuncurry: 02 6554 5011; www.tuncurryfn.com.au
- Noble Realty – (02) 6555 9415; www.noblerealty.com.au/properties/holiday-accommodation
- Professional Forster Tuncurry – (02) 6555 6555; www.forsteraccom.com.au
- JKL Real Estate – (02) 6554 8717; www.jklrealestate.com
- LJ Hooker Forster – (02) 6591 6400; www.ljhforster.com.au
- Forster Tuncurry Property Management – (02) 6554 6444; www.forsterproperty.com.au/search/rentals/holiday
Holiday Rentals around Pacific Palms
At Blueys Beach, Boomerang Beach and Elizabeth Beach there are holiday apartments that suit most budgets. There are often reasonably priced apartments in Villa Manyana and Oceanside apartment blocks. For this area, the major agent is Pacific Palms Holidays, their contact number is (02) 6554 0500 and their email address is www.pacificpalmsholidays.com.au
Holiday Rentals around Hallidays Point
Around Hallidays Point, there are a couple of real estate agents providing holiday rentals:
- Hallidays Point Holidays (Andrews Gardner Real Estate) – (02) 6559 2144; www.hallidayspointholidays.com
- Diamond Beach Holiday Park – (02) 6559 2910 http://www.diamondbeachpark.com.au/index.html
Camping, Caravan Parks and Cabins around Forster and Tuncurry, Pacific Palms and Hallidays Point
Following are some of the many caravan parks (many with on-site cabins) and campgrounds in the Forster, Tuncurry, Pacific Palms and Hallidays Point area. This list is not exhaustive. Again, the Great Lakes Information Centre may be able to assist you in finding a campsite in a different caravan park / campground.
- Big4 Great Lakes at Forster Tuncurry – (02) 6554 6827; www.greatlakes.com.au
- North Coast Holiday Parks Forster Beach– (02) 6554 6269; https://www.northcoastholidayparks.com.au/park/info/forster-beach
- North Coast Holiday Parks Tuncurry Beach – (02) 6554 6440; https://www.northcoastholidayparks.com.au/park/info/tuncurry-beach
- Lakeside Resort Forster – (02) 6555 5511
- Riverside Holiday Park at Failford (Tuncurry) – (02) 6554 3144
- Discovery Parks at Failford (Tuncurry) – (02) 6554 3123; www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au/nsw/wallamba_river/forster
- Lanis Holiday Island at Forster. Lanis has a large island at the rear of their park for unstructured camping. This can’t be booked, however you can call after 1 January 2017 or drop in – (02) 6554 6273; http://www.lanis.com.au
- Smugglers Cove Holiday Village at Forster – (02) 6554 6666; www.smugglerscove.com.au
- Happy Hallidays Holiday Park at Hallidays Point – (02) 6559 2967; www.glhp.com.au/parks/happy-hallidays/
- Beachfront Holiday Park at Hallidays Point – (02) 6559 2630; www.glhp.com.au/parks/beachfront/
- Diamond Beach Holiday Park at Hallidays Point – (02) 6559 2910; www.diamondbeachpark.com.au
- Seashells Beachfront Resort at Hallidays Point – (02) 6559 2779; www.seashellsresort.com.au
- Sundowner Tiona Park at Pacific Palms – (02) 6554 0291; www.tiona.sundownerholidays.com
- Booti Booti National Park (The Ruins campground) at Pacific Palms. They offer unstructured camping that cannot be booked but they always have sites available – (02) 6591 0300
- Camp Elim at Pacific Palms – (02) 6554 0277; www.campelim.org.au
- Pacific Palms Caravan Park at Pacific Palms – (02) 6554 0209; www.pacificpalmscaravanpark.com.au/wp/
- Palms Oasis Caravan Park at Pacific Palms – (02) 6554 0488
Motels, Hotels and Resorts
There is a broad variety and quality of motels and hotels in Forster, Tuncurry, Hallidays Point and Pacific Palms. These can be found online or booked easily through the Great Lakes Information Centre.
Rigpa can help to find suitable accommodation if you are disabled, elderly or have a medical condition that precludes travel.
If this applies to you and are you unable to secure appropriate accommodation yourself, please contact Kevin Wren on firstname.lastname@example.org
There are over 30 listings on AirBnB for properties from Hallidays Point in the north, to Smiths Lake to the south. Some sleep a large number of adults (sometimes up to 10 or 12 people). You may find something in these listings to suit your needs.
If you book accommodation and have any spare beds you wish to share or would like to request to share accommodation you can visit our Facebook page for the Australian Summer Retreat. You can request access to join the Facebook page and then post your need or number of beds / rooms you have available.
This is a closed Facebook group to be used by Summer retreat students to post accommodation and transport needs, see the daily schedule, share insights and connect with each other about the retreat.
The Facebook page can be found by clicking here – Facebook page.